Welcome to the UC San Diego Drosophila Stock Center
The Drosophila Species Stock Center (DSSC) at the University of California, San Diego is dedicated to providing a diverse array of Drosophila species to scientific researchers and educators.
- EDUCATION MODULES FOR BIOLOGY LABS USING DSSC FLIES(2016-01-11)
We would like to emphasize the use of our Drosophila stocks for education purposes and have thus started compiling a list of such publications. Please contact us if you are aware of additional publications to add.
1. Parker et al. (2004) An hypothesis-driven, molecular phylogenetics exercise for college biology students. BAMBE 32: 108-114. Any wild-type stocks of the following species could be used: D. arizonae, D. melanogaster, D. mettleri, D. mojavensis, and D. nigrospiracula
2. Heil et al. (2012) Witnessing phenotypic and molecular evolution in the fruit fly. Evolution: Education and Outreach 5:629-634. Stocks used: D. simulans (14021-0251.138a), D. simulans (14021-0251.195), and D. simulans (14021-0251.199)
Recent Publications Using DSSC Flies
- ANCIENT BALANCING SELECTION AT TAN UNDERLIES FEMALE COLOUR DIMORPHISM IN DROSOPHILA ERECTA(2016-01-31)
Yassin et al. (2016) Nature Communications 7: 10400.
- AN ESSENTIAL CELL CYCLE REGULATION GENE CAUSES HYBRID INVIABILITY IN DROSOPHILA(2016-01-29)